Support Groups are open to all in the community affected by cancer. All services, unless otherwise noted, are complimentary. For additional information about any of our services please call Integrative Services @ 480-314-6660
Look Good Feel Better Class
A program of the American Cancer Society, offered select Monday evenings from 4-6 pm at the locations below for 2017:
- Chandler – 3/5, 4/2, 5/7, 6/4, 8/6, 10/1, 11/5
- Gilbert – 3/12, /5/14, 7/9, 9/10
- Glendale -4/16, 6/18, 8/20, 10/15
- Mesa (Arbor Ave.) – 3/19, 5/21, 7/16, 9/17
- Scottsdale – 4/9, 6/11, 8/13, 10/8
Registration is required. Please contact the American Cancer Society directly to schedule at 1-800-227-2345
Breast Cancer Support Group
Meets the 1st Wednesday of each month from 6pm-7:30
at the following location:
Chandler Ironwood Cancer & Research Centers
685 S. Dobson Rd
Chandler, AZ 85224
Meets the 2nd Saturday of each month from 10am-12pm
at the following location:
Scottsdale Ironwood Cancer & Research Centers
8880 E. Desert Cove Ave
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Meets the 3rd Thursday of each month from 6pm-8pm
at the following location:
Glendale Ironwood Cancer & Research Centers
5810 W. Beverly Lane
Glendale, AZ 85306
Cancer Support Group
- Glendale – Meets the second and fourth Wednesday of each month from 6:30-8:30pm
Cancer & Caregiver Support Dinner
This class is for those needing support and encouragement going through the difficulties of cancer or as a caregiver of a loved one with cancer. All are welcome. Please contact Kelly Huey @ 480-340-4013 if you would like to join us for dinner before the meeting. RSVP required.
We meet the last Wednesday of every month from 6pm-8pm at Ironwood Business office 700 W Warner Rd Chandler, AZ 85225
Caregiver Support Group
Caring for your loved one who is sick can be difficult. This group is a place to share your experiences and vent your stresses with other caregivers who are experiencing similar situations. Caregivers only.
- Chandler – Meets the Third Saturday of each month from 10am – 12pm
- Glendale – Meets the First Saturday of each month from 10am – 12pm
- Scottsdale – Meets the Second Saturday of each month from 10am – 12pm
Colon Cancer Support Group
Join us for information gathering and support for colon cancer patients. This group is done in conjunction with the Colorectal Cancer Alliance.
- Glendale – Meets the First Tuesday of each month from 6pm – 7:30pm
Head and Neck (SPOHNC)
- Chandler – Meets the Third Monday of each month from 3:00-4:30pm
Leukemia & Lymphoma Support Group
- Scottsdale – Meets the second Thursday of each month from 6-8pm
Metastatic Cancer Support Group
- Chandler – Meets the fourth Wednesday of each month from 3-4:30 pm
Multiple Myeloma Support Group
- Scottsdale – Meets the fourth Monday of each month from 1-2:30pmSpecial Guest SPEAKER NURSE EDUCATOR & CANCER CARE EXPERT Tanya PriceWill be at the Multiple Myeloma Support Group From 1-2:30pm, on Monday, February 26th Only!For more about Tanya’s visit click here.
Prostate Cancer Support Group (Sponsored by US Too)
- Chandler – Meets the second Monday of each month from 7 -9 pm
For more information please contact Otto 480-229-5837.
Radiation Support Group
Get help and support from other patients that are having or had radiation therapy. Radiation staff will be present at the group to answer questions and concerns.
Chandler – Meets the 2nd Thursday of the month from 10am-11:30am
Ask the radiation department in Chandler for additional information.
This group is designed to help individuals regain physical, emotional, intellectual, psychological and spiritual strength after undergoing treatment for cancer.
- Chandler – Group meets the Fourth Monday of each month from 6:00-7:30pm
Spirituality Support Group
Join us for a discussion about your spiritual journey, and learn to recognize the strength you have within to deal with your cancer diagnosis.
- Chandler – Third Wednesday of each month from 5:30-6:30pm. Co-Facilitated by Dr. Christopher Kellogg, Catholic Deacon and Medical Oncologist.
- Scottsdale – Second Tuesday from 6-7:30pm.
Children’s Lives Include Moments of Bravery CLIMB®
CLIMB® is a six-week closed group support program for children ages 6 to 12 that meets once a week for two hours. Dinner will be provided at the beginning of each session. There is no cost to participate in CLIMB®. Facilitators have been specially trained by the Children’s Treehouse Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to the emotional support of children who have parents with cancer.
A concurrent parent group also takes place at the same time as CLIMB®. It is an educational support group where parents learn and share healthy ways to support their children with coping with a cancer diagnosis in the family.
Pre-Screening and Pre-Registration are required. There are no current CLIMB classes planned but if interested in participating in a future CLIMB® program please contact Kelly at 480-340-4013.
Week 1: All About Me
Week 2: What is Cancer?
Week 3: It’s Okay to Feel Sad
Week 4: Cancer Can Be Scary
Week 5: It’s Not Fair!
Week 6: I Love Yo
Please Note: Not all services are provided by ICRC employees and may be provided by community agencies and professionals. Participation is at your own risk. ICRC assumes no liability for services provided.